Oct 22 2014
Today at 11:00, Greg Orman will participate in a conference call, hosted by the Centrist Project. The call presents yet another opportunity for Mr. Orman to come clean about his liberal positions and his shady business background.
Greg Orman is not a "centrist." He is a liberal Democrat who will be nothing but a rubber stamp for the Obama-Reid agenda. President Obama yesterday reiterated that Democrats running in red states, like Greg Orman, "are strong allies and supporters of me."
The people of Kansas deserve to know the truth about Greg Orman. They already know he supports abortion, amnesty, Obamacare, and restrictions on 1st and 2nd Amendment Rights. They know his campaign is funded by Jonathan Soros, son of liberal billionaire George Soros. They know he's endorsed by the Obama-loving AFL-CIO, the largest Big Labor group in the country. And they know he's campaigning with Paul Davis, the Democrat candidate for Kansas Governor.
Here are 8 questions Greg Orman should answer in today's call:
1) How can Kansans trust Greg Orman to stand up to President Obama and Harry Reid when he has donated thousands of dollars to get them elected?
2) Who will Greg Orman caucus with? Why should anyone assume he wouldn’t follow his money and liberal ideology and support Harry Reid and Barack Obama?
When asked who he would caucus with in the Senate, Orman told the Washington Post, “It’s not in the best interests for us to say that.”
Last week, Orman held a fundraiser in New York City with the family of liberal billionaire George Soros. He was even endorsed by the Obama-loving AFL-CIO, the largest Big Labor union in the country.
3) Would Greg Orman repeal and replace Obamacare? Yes or No?
Orman told the Kansas City Star that he was not a “repeal and replace” politician.
4) Would Greg Orman stand up to President Obama’s attempts to move Guantanamo Bay terrorists to Kansas?
Orman’s campaign manger told the Lawrence Journal World “Orman has not formed a specific position on what to do with the Guantanamo Bay prisoners.”
5) Does Orman still need "more information" about moving forward with construction of the Keystone Pipeline, which would create thousands of new American jobs and help reduce America's dependence on foreign oil?
Orman told the Washington Post, “he doesn’t have enough information to say yes or no,” on the Keystone Pipeline.
6) Greg Orman wants to restrict the Second Amendment, but does Mr. Orman support an assault weapons ban?
The Washington Post reports Orman said, “gun restrictions should be ‘strengthened’ but would not specify whether he backs an assault-weapons ban.”
7) Will Mr. Orman unseal his grand jury testimony in the case of jailed Wall Street criminal Rajat Gupta?
Court documents show that Orman was Gupta’s personal financial advisor, spent hundreds of hours preparing Gupta for his legal defense, and was Mr. Gupta’s hand-picked appointment to the board of a Cayman Islands-based private equity fund.
8) Does Orman support the Democrats' harmful cap-and-trade scheme, which would cost thousands of Kansas jobs and drive up energy costs on Kansas families?
Orman refused to tell the Atlantic whether he would favor the cap and trade scheme.
9) Why does Mr. Orman have so many million-dollar lawsuits leveled against him?
Orman is not a good person to do business with. Orman is currently being sued for a $30 million breach of contract in his company Combat Brands LLC, his aggressive 2001 takeover of a telecom business resulted in a $15 million breach of contract lawsuit that reached the Missouri Supreme Court, and he was sued in 2009 for breaching the contract of a $1.9 million loan. (Combat Brands - The Associated Press, September 8, 2014; Missouri Lawsuit - Lloyd’s Corporate Litigation Reporter, October 21, 2008; 2009 Lawsuit - Kansas City Star, June 24, 2009)